For many of you who have a child or children with a diagnosis or symptoms of dyslexia, this course will show you a radically new approach to help them learn how to spell in a simple, easy and straightforward way, improve their reading fluency and also develop neat and legible handwriting.
The Jumpstarting™ Process (based on the processes from Empowering Learning developed by Olive Hickmott) uses a strength based model that allows you and your child to explore their strengths and talents and to then use these to acquire the skills necessary for proficient word skills.
The course takes an holistic view and shows the important role that emotions play in both learning and memory, as well as how all learning is based on strategies and how those strategies can be adjusted to suit the individual and their learning needs.
This is part of a larger course that has been used successfully in the UK, Ireland and worldwide with families and within primary schools.
- Introduction FREE PREVIEW
- Does my child really have a difficulty with learning? 16:07
- Checklist for Strengths
- How do good spellers spell? 12:40
- The impact of stress on learning. 14:48
- The Grounding Process
- Grounding - dealing with the unexpected
- How to develop and control mental imagery. 10:58
- Eye accessing cues - questions.
- Discovery questions for mental imagery.